Mold can grow in or upon any organic material at a Los Angeles building, and oftentimes, that includes spots that are not immediately visible, like behind furniture, under flooring, or within walls. In order to find these camouflaged contaminants, a detailed mold inspection can be conducted to detect their presence. Mold testing may find that remediation work is required long before an L.A. property owner realizes it, and catching it quick means that big bucks can be saved. Aeroscopic Environmental is a restoration company that serves the greater Los Angeles area, providing detailed mold inspection services as part of our remediation offerings.
Importance of Black Mold Testing in Los Angeles
The presence of mold is not only unsightly, but unsafe as well! L.A. establishments that have mold or suspect a mold problem may be lurking need a mold inspection to find out if there is an issue, and if so, what the extent of it is so we can determine the degree of danger present. When mold starts growing at a Los Angeles property, dust carries the tiny spores all around the room, spreading the exposure and putting building occupants at risk of inhaling it. If too much mold gets into the respiratory system, it can cause a bevy of health concerns including coughing, eye irritation, and neurological issues. Black mold testing can reveal if this is a possibility at your L.A. property.
Signs a Los Angeles Property Needs Mold Testing
- Presence of a musty odor: caused by microbial activity, the smell mold emits is a complex mixture of chemicals (ethyl alcohol, aldehydes, esters, ketones, and other VOCs)
- History of water damage: cosmetic repairs made without concern for underlying mold problems may leave water stains, peeling paint, warped wood, and other opportunities for mold growth
- Surface residue: blotchy, puffy and/or irregular surface material/staining may mean an L.A. establishment needs a black mold inspection
- Excessive moisture: mold inspection can let you know if there are elevated or critical levels of moisture in suspect materials
- Evidence of actual mold growth: mold testing can tell you if there is more hiding below the surface
Mold Inspections for L.A. Homes and Businesses
We do mold inspections to not only find all the places at a Los Angeles property where mold may be hiding, but also analyze and find out details about it. Black mold testing can tell us what species of mold it is, so we can understand the danger involved and then draft a plan of remediation. Our mold testing technicians have decades of experience having worked in mold-ridden buildings throughout the L.A. area, so you can trust that we will do a detailed and comprehensive job from the get-go.